Aerospace companies operate in a complex commercial, regulatory and technical environment. Succeeding in this intensely competitive environment requires a highly sophisticated understanding of compliance requirements. Our knowledge of the industry and of the legal environment in which it operates allows us to provide our clients with practical solutions to the difficult challenges they face. We not only respond to our clients’ needs in this sector, we anticipate them.
Wood & Lee provides a full range of legal services tailored to the aerospace industries:
- Public procurement and competitive contracting– assisting bidders in responding to requests for proposal (RFPs); representing bidders before courts to challenge irregularities in procurement processes; helping businesses and governments structure RFPs; advising foreign companies with respect to procurement markets.
- Commercial law – drafting, negotiating and implementing various commercial agreements with clients, suppliers and partners worldwide, including supply, teaming, joint venture, licensing, non-disclosure, distribution and representation agreements.
- Labour and employment – assisting clients in all aspects of their workplace issues, including compliance under human rights legislation.
- Litigation and dispute resolution – commercial disputes, contractor and subcontractor disputes, bid protests, audits and investigations, intellectual property disputes, breach of contract claims, product liability litigation, arbitration and mediation.
- Export compliance –advising on the development of export compliance programs; conducting investigations on potential export violations; preparing voluntary disclosures; representing clients on issues regarding collaborative defence programs involving partners; providing advice on compliance with export controls, economic sanctions and controlled goods legislation and foreign measures.
- Foreign corrupt practices compliance and ethics – implementing effective corporate social responsibility policies and complying with legislation; providing anti-corruption and enforcement advice; assisting clients in developing compliance programs; assisting in connection with transactional due diligence and foreign corrupt practices risks.
- Security issues – helping clients develop and implement security plans and programs; providing advice regarding security audit preparedness, record keeping requirements, security clearances, developing customised personnel training programs, encryption controls, physical and cyber-security, cargo security and cross-border movement of goods and persons; ensuring business continuity; advising on emergency preparedness and crisis management.
- Regulatory – providing advice on a vast array of laws and regulations.
- Government relations – assisting clients to develop and implement effective government relations campaigns; advising on the rules related to dealing with public officials; developing and implementing policies on gifts to and entertainment of public officials and lobbying compliance programs.