Wood & Lee works closely with our clients to determine whether litigation, arbitration or other ADR approaches best serve their needs. Our approach to international arbitration and ADR is innovative and effective, focusing on results‑oriented strategies for our clients. Our experience ranges from representing clients under all of the major international arbitration rules to enforcing arbitral awards internationally.
Our lawyers have extensive experience arbitrating under all of the principal international arbitration rules and have experience in both the civil and common law. Our extensive industry knowledge enables us to propose creative business solutions and vigorously defend our clients’ interests when no amicable solution appears possible. Our lawyers have extensive experience both as advocates and as neutrals (e.g., arbitrators and mediators). We represent clients in mediations, adjudications and conciliations. We negotiate and draft ADR agreements and dispute resolution provisions for international and domestic commercial transactions and design dispute resolution systems for corporate use. Our international presence enables us to advise clients in legal problem-solving worldwide.
About Our Practice
Our lawyers possess extensive experience in mediation and at all phases, including selecting effective mediators, drafting mediation position papers and preparing clients for participation. Our lawyers routinely draft international dispute resolution clauses, including multi-tiered clauses, for all types of engagements and transactions.
We advise clients on ways to structure international investments in order to derive maximum protection afforded by bilateral and multilateral investment treaties. We also advise on arbitration proceedings pertaining to such treaties.
Our lawyers act as arbitrators and mediators under all of the major international arbitration rules, including those established by the following international entities:
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT)
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CPIT)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- London Council of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)