Wood & Lee’s retail team defends its clients in all aspects of litigation and offers practical advice for how retailers can comply with the law while also meeting their business objectives. Our lawyers have a deep understanding of the legal and business concerns affecting retailers. Additionally, we work with our clients’ management, marketing teams, finance teams and IT departments to develop tailored, creative solutions that do not interfere with business goals.
Our retail team constantly monitors issues that affect retailers. As a result, we are often the first to learn of significant developments in retail law and regularly notify our clients of such developments. We reach out to our clients and help them respond proactively, so that they can protect themselves from emerging risks. Our lawyers are regularly asked to comment and present on retail-related issues.
Wood & Lee’s retail team regularly defend and advise retailers in relation to:
- Business and commercial litigation
- Advertising compliance
- Cybersecurity and privacy
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment
- Creditors’ rights
Additionally, our retail clients often ask us to:
- Review their practices for collecting customers’ information at the POS (point-of-sale) to make sure they are not vulnerable to privacy suits
- Evaluate their pricing practices to assess the risk of deceptive pricing litigation
- Assess whether they are categorising their employees appropriately to avoid costly wage and hour class actions.