- Patent searching
- Patent drafting
- Patent and trademark prosecution
- Patent term extensions
- Patentability, patent and trademark validity and infringement opinion
- Patent litigation
Wood & Lee lawyers have a track record of success at all stages in patent disputes, from early stage disputes regarding venue, to claim construction hearings, summary judgment proceedings, trials and appeals, as well as in mediations, arbitrations, and settlement negotiations. Our capabilities extend across the entire range of patent disputes, from successfully handling bet-the-company patent fights to providing superior and efficient defence against claims brought by non-practicing and patent assertion entities.
We work with clients not only to win in court, but to understand their businesses and technologies, and we strive to find the most creative, efficient strategies to help our clients achieve their goals. While we are prepared to take every case to trial, we also understand that the substantial majority of patent lawsuits do not reach trial, and we work with clients to obtain a successful result as economically and as soon as possible, in and out of the courtroom.
Our combination of our experienced trial lawyers and patent counsel produces consistently powerful and efficient litigation. Our litigation prowess also translates into more effective representation in transactional matters. Our lawyers have experience with:
- negotiating and writing licenses
- technology transfer agreements
- providing patent counselling
- due diligence studies for companies acquiring IP assets.
Our lawyers routinely assess patents and advise clients on licensing issues. Clients look to our lawyers for:
- assistance on the design
- documentation and operation of licensing transactions
- technology transfers, which are crucial to the success of many life sciences and technology companies.
We represent clients in key strategic alliances and corporate partnerships, including:
- joint ventures
- research and development agreements
- marketing agreements
- distribution agreements
- other commercial agreements.