Public procurement and competitive contracting
- assisting bidders in responding to requests for proposal (RFPs)
- representing bidders before courts to challenge irregularities in procurement processes
- helping businesses and governments structure RFPs; advising foreign companies concerning procurement markets
- drafting, negotiating and implementing various commercial agreements with clients, suppliers and partners worldwide, including supply, teaming, joint venture, licensing, non-disclosure, distribution and representation agreements.
Labour and employment
- assisting clients in all aspects of their workplace issues, including compliance under human rights legislation.
Litigation and dispute resolution
- helping clients in commercial disputes, contractor and subcontractor disputes, bid protests, audits and investigations, as well as intellectual property disputes, breach of contract claims, product liability litigation, arbitration and mediation.
- advising on the development of export compliance programs;
- conducting investigations on potential export violations;
- preparing voluntary disclosures;
- representing clients on issues regarding collaborative defence programs involving partners;
- providing advice on compliance with export controls, economic sanctions and controlled goods legislation and foreign measures.
Foreign corrupt practices compliance and ethics
- implementing effective corporate social responsibility policies and complying with legislation;
- providing anti-corruption and enforcement advice;
- assisting clients in developing compliance programs;
- assisting in connection with transactional due diligence and foreign corrupt practices risks.
- helping clients develop and implement security plans and programs;
- providing advice regarding security audit preparedness, record keeping requirements, security clearances, developing customised personnel training programs, encryption controls, physical and cyber-security, cargo security and cross-border movement of goods and persons;
- ensuring business continuity;
- advising on emergency preparedness and crisis management.
- providing advice on a vast array of laws and regulations tailored to the aerospace industry.
- assisting clients to develop and implement effective government relations campaigns;
- advising on the rules related to dealing with public officials;
- developing and implementing policies on gifts to and entertainment of public officials and lobbying compliance programs.