Drafting and negotiating mining agreements
- mineral exploration and option agreements, farm-in agreements, joint venture agreements, royalty agreements, share and asset purchase agreements, and sales agreements.
- environmental assessment process, risk management, technology development to reduce environmental impacts (land, air, water) and electricity consumption.
- mineral policy and mineral strategy issues for governments; advising governments in the development of mineral resources, both metallic and non-metallic; mineral exploration; metal sales agreements and infrastructure contracts of all types.
Local community relations and stability agreements, and corporate and commercial transactions
- corporate restructurings, amalgamations, divestitures, project financing, credit facilities and commercial arrangements.
Financing and listing matters
- such as private placements, public offerings, reverse takeovers and stock exchange listings.
Domestic and cross-border private and public mergers and acquisitions transactions
Labour and employment law
- occupational health and safety, human rights and employment agreements.
- deal execution in virtually all of the world’s major stock exchanges located in major and emerging mining countries on every continent; foreign investment review; civil law and common law jurisdictions.