Wood & Lee lawyers have extensive expertise in combining the strengths and skills of the public and private sectors in a long-term, performance-based relationship. Through our experience, we are able to offer our clients the right focus on the sensitive political and public policy dynamics at play in high-profile projects.
We provide government relations advice in connection with:
- Government procurement issues – structure the bidding or co-bidding process; assess the potential of capital projects and service contracts; analyse applicable procurement forms, legislation and requirements.
- Communications – design strategies for all forms of media (print, television, radio, Internet); represent clients before regulatory boards and before courts; keep abreast of legislative and regulatory changes that may affect client businesses.
- Arbitration and dispute resolution – arbitration and mediation agreements; analysis of legislative approaches to dispute resolution; review of court cases involving government departments, boards and agencies; examination of arbitration and dispute resolution provisions entrenched in the legislation.
- Infrastructure and public-private partnerships –agreements on infrastructure projects; cross-border infrastructure developments; provide access to key decision-makers to help establish mutually beneficial relationships between public and private stakeholders; structure, coordinate and implement public-private partnerships (PPPs) in various sectors, including real estate projects in the areas of education (schools) and health law (hospitals).
- Litigation – government contract disputes, procurement litigation, fiduciary litigation, intergovernmental disputes, regulatory litigation, constitutional disputes, domestic and international trade disputes.
- Trade – bilateral and multilateral trade issues; compliance with domestic and international trade laws.
- Environment-related issues – develop efficient strategies to align compliance with environmental laws and regulations to business needs; environmental due diligence requirements; appearing on behalf of clients before regulatory boards and review panels; government investigations.
- Privacy and information management – compliance with privacy laws; public access to government information.
- Regulatory law – participation in regulatory administrative proceedings and hearings; legal documentation supporting or opposing legislative and regulatory initiatives on behalf of clients.
Our lawyers’ experience in dealing with the media enables us to tailor communications strategies that not only take into account narrow legal considerations but wider political implications as well.