Showing 1–9 of 18 results
Our lawyers represent small, mid-sized and large-cap mineral exploration and mining companies at every stage of a mining project – from the early days of mineral exploration activity through to project development, finance, production and marketing. We work closely with professionals and scientific advisors, many of whom hold Ph.Ds. and other advanced degrees in geological, exploration, mining and business. This team of accomplished exploration, mining and business professionals and industry specialists brings together its members’ combined experience to successfully assist our clients with mission-critical transactions, negotiations, relationships and dispute resolution, both domestically and internationally.
Success in the mining industry relies on a careful balancing of risks and rewards; the challenge is understanding the hard technical issues of mining, the world of mining finance, regulation, taxation, environmental issues, corporate social responsibility, the operations of mining and natural resources companies and a host of other topics.
Our lawyers provide mining advice in connection with:
– Drafting and negotiating mining agreements, including mineral exploration and option agreements, farm-in agreements, joint venture agreements, royalty agreements, share and asset purchase agreements, and sales agreements.
– Environment-related issues, including environmental assessment process, risk management, technology development to reduce environmental impacts (land, air, water) and electricity consumption.
– Government relations – mineral policy and mineral strategy issues for governments; advising governments in the development of mineral resources, both metallic and non-metallic; mineral exploration; metal sales agreements and infrastructure contracts of all types.
– Local community relations and stability agreements.
– Corporate and commercial transactions, including corporate restructurings, amalgamations, divestitures, project financing, credit facilities and commercial arrangements.
– Financing and listing matters, such as private placements, public offerings, reverse takeovers and stock exchange listings.
– Domestic and cross-border private and public mergers and acquisitions transactions.
– Labour and employment law, including occupational health and safety, human rights and employment agreements.
– International business – deal execution in virtually all of the world’s major stock exchanges located in major and emerging mining countries on every continent; foreign investment review; civil law and common law jurisdictions.
Showing 1–9 of 18 results