Wood & Lee’s lawyers help clients develop, finance and implement infrastructure projects, including:
- energy infrastructure
- social infrastructure (education, entertainment, justice, healthcare, sports)
- transportation infrastructure (airports, ports, rail, road, transit)
Our lawyers provide infrastructure and public-private partnerships advice in connection with:
- Construction law – structure of contracts, insurance, bonding.
- Corporate and commercial – transaction structuring, risk allocation, project loans, drafting and negotiation of key project agreements, corporate governance.
- Environment – green building standards, water quality, storm drainage, environmental compliance reviews.
- Financial services, banking and insolvency – structuring and negotiating all aspects of loan transactions; lending and restructuring transactions for various industries; equity financing and investments.
- Government relations and community relations – representing clients before government agencies; regulatory law.
- Litigation, including construction and leasing disputes, contractual disputes, disputes regarding construction performance and defects, bylaws and zoning infractions, mortgage and financing disputes, construction products liability.
- Procurement – tendering or bidding process, including design, implementation, assessment and selection.
- Real estate – title opinions, municipal land use issues, environmental issues, construction, financing.
- Tax – strategies for structuring public–private partnership (PPPs) designed for domestic and international business; cross-border tax issues; infrastructure tax incentives; taxes.
Wood & Lee lawyers offer a full spectrum of legal services to all parties involved in PPP projects, such as:
- construction and service contractors
- financial and technical advisors
- government agencies
- project sponsors